Air conditioner is one of the most essential components of our daily life. Imagine having to sit without the cooling effect of an air conditioner in a heated room. It is not only something which is difficult but rather unimaginable as well. If you are thinking about buying a new air conditioner you need to keep the following things in mind.
Tips on buying an air conditioner from the experts at air conditioning installation
- The first thing that you need to consider is the size and the capacity of the cooling unit. It should be in accordance with the size of the room. Installing a small air conditioner in a big room would not account for efficient cooling and using a bigger air conditioner for a small room would make the cooling quite uncomfortable. Always measure the dimensions of the room before you make a purchase. Make sure you talk to an expert regarding the size of the room and they would be able to guide you in buying the right size air conditioner.
- All air conditioners have their own level of noise while operating. The ideal air conditioner should have a noise level which is within 50 decibels. A unit which makes too much noise can actually cause disturbance in your sleep and that of your neighbors as well.
- Choose an air conditioner which has high energy efficiency rating. It is symbolized by EER. The higher the number of stars the better would be its efficiency. Cooling units with the high energy rating consume less electricity and also help lower the electricity bill.
- For consistent and efficient cooling you should consider using an air conditioner which comes with inverter technology. Inverter air conditioners are slightly on the expensive side they consume one third less power than regular ACs. There are certain brands which have come up with a dual inverter technology which allows better cooling and better energy control.
- Choose an air conditioner which comes with a good filter. The filter has keep the dust away and also helps improve the indoor air quality. It can help by removing odor, smoke and germs from the air. The right filter not only helps clean the ear but also ensures efficient cooling. It prevents the dust from choking the evaporator coil.
- Also consider the size of the blower fan when purchasing an air conditioner. The blower is located inside the cooling unit and helps blow the air into the ducts and distributes it around your home. The size of the blower would influence the amount of air which is allowed to flow within the AC.
- Always choose an air conditioning unit which is packed with features which are essential for the needs of the user. The key is to buying an AC which belongs to a well established brand and has all the essential features available at a reasonable price.
- Also buy an air conditioner which has a longer warranty.