Are you considering sanding and polishing the floor? It should be kept in mind that while it is a do-it-yourself project there are certain things which you need to keep in mind. The following tips from the experts at floor sanding and polishing in breast pain would help ensure that your flowers look beautiful and stunning for a long time.
Choose the right equipment
When about to sand and polish floors it is important that you have the right equipment and should make sure that everything is ready before you begin. If you are a beginner you would definitely need a Polivac. Unlike a belt Sander it is quite easy to control and is less aggressive as well. It is great for jobs which require only a light sanding. It has a back-and-forth motion which means that it is slow and lighter when compared to usual belt Sanders.
On the other hand if you are considering sending a floor which is already damaged or has quite a few layers of finish you would benefit from the services of professional floor sanding and polishing in Brisbane.
It doesn’t matter whether you are using a drum floor Sander or a Polivac these would still require sandpaper. If you aren’t really sure about where to start you can simply make use of 60 grit sandpaper. Personal loan for you might want to do something which is coarser.
As you progress you can go for a fine grit 120 sandpaper. For someone who is using sandpaper for the first time the coarse grit 24 sandpaper is required for the coarsest of floors. The numbers steadily rise until the finest floor of 120 grit.
Materials required for floor sanding
- Hammer and nails
- Vacuum cleaner
- Large empty bin
- Face masks to protect your nose and throat. Choose only high quality ones
- Floor edger
- Someone else to help you during the process
Preparing the floor
- When you are about to sand make sure that you get rid of any old floor covering. This means any hold carpets or rugs which are nailed to the floor.
- Get rid of all protruding nails and make sure that they are embedded below the surface by at least 4 mm
- Holes in the floor should be covered with putty
- Clean the floor
- Do contain the area so that you can prevent the dust from settling on to the other areas of your home
- When using the floor Sander always remove the dust bag when it is full
- Keep in mind that operating the equipment can be difficult you may need help from another person to make sure that you can lift and kick the equipment whenever required.
- Slide the sand paper into the Sander. You can start with the lowest grit. Keep in mind that it all depends upon the condition of your floor. Regular floors can be send using a 60 grit.
- Keep in mind that the sending of the floor should be with the same gradient.
- The edges may show that you use small detail sander
It should be kept in mind that if you want to have a professional looking project you need to make time to prepare the floor. Keeping the above mentioned tips from the Brisbane floor sanding experts would ensure that you do a terrific job of sanding the floor.